PostDoc position offered - application deadline March 30, 2018
J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i., for the purposes of the project "Implementation of the state-of-the-art physico-chemical methods for studies of innovative materials and bio/chemical processes", Reg.No. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008355, under the call 02_16_027 International Mobility of Researchers (MEYS, OP RDE) offers:
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW position (for the scientists currently working out of Czech Republic) for the research projects:
Nanoscale characterization of new materials for optoelectronics
• Experience with writing scientific papers and publishing in impacted journal (at least 2 scientific papers in last three years)
• Advanced level of written and spoken English
• PhD degree in physics, chemistry or technical sciences (maximum 7 years from receiving a degree)
• The applicant is/was working out of the Czech Republic for two years from last three years.
• Competencies necessary for team work.
The main task of the successful applicant will be the nanoscale characterization of two-dimensional materials and devices for optoelectronics and energy harvesting. As the main tool, state-of-the-art combined AFM-Raman spectrometer will be used, backed-up by fully equipped labs for sample preparation and analysis. Tip-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (TERS) and Photoluminescence (TEPL), and various advanced AFM techniques will be employed to study the local light-matter interactions and excitonic effects.
Salary ~ Marie Curie-Sklodowska Fellowship
Detailed information concerning the position will be provided by Dr. Otakar Frank (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Preferred PhD thesis in a field of optics/photonics, however, particular experience with relevant topics will be considered
• Previous experience with Raman spectroscopy and Scanning Probe Microscopy (documented by thesis or publications) is necessary. Experience with near-field techniques is beneficial.
Position starts: 1 May, 2018
Duration of the job: 22 months
Contract type: full-time job
Job location: Prague
Documents required from the candidate:
Application form (see the attached file) with CV, diploma copy, brief summary of previous research, list of publications, names plus e-mail addresses of 1 - 2 references, a document proving that the applicant is/was working out of the Czech Republic for 2 years from the last 3 years.
Applications with the required documents must be submitted via e-mail to a contact person for HR and administrative issues: Marketa Zapletalova, email@example.com
Applications deadline: March 30, 2018
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i. to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i. only. At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.
Application form (0.01MB)