assoc. prof. RNDr. Jana Kalbáčová Vejpravová, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Department of Condensed Matter Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University
tel.: +420 951 552 735
room: C137, Cryogenics Laboratory „C“, Troja Campus of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, CU
Artificial materials with manifold spin degrees of freedom; electromagnetic heating for cancer therapy and EMF-assisted chemistry
Classical and quantum magnetism in condensed matter, low-dimensional magnets, strongly correlated electron systems, low temperature physics, advanced magnetometric methods, magneto-Raman spectroscopy, X-ray and neutron scattering methods, crystal growth and superpurification of transition metals
- 2018 - 2020 Atomically thin membranes with smart pores engineered in two-dimensional crystals, Czech Science Foundation
- 2017 - 2022 Trans-spin Nanoarchitectures: from birth to functionalities in magnetic field (TSuNAMI); ERC Starting grant
- 2017 - 2019 Nanocomposite systems of plasmonic/magnetic nanoparticles-graphene-aromatic molecules for enhanced
Raman scattering processes; Czech Science Foundation
- 2018 - present Associate professor, Department of Condensed Matter Physics (DCMP), CU
- 2017 Senior scientist, Department of Condensed Matter Physics (DCMP), CU
- 2017 Senior scientist, Department of Magnetic Nanosystems (MNS), Institute of Physics (IP),
Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS) (part time)
- 2015 – present Associate professor, Department of Inorganic Chemistry (DIC), CU (part time)
- 2015 ‘habilitation’ in condensed matter physics, Charles University (CU
- 2013 – 2016 Head of Department of MNS, IP CAS
- 2011 – 2015 Researcher & lecturer, DIC CU (part time)
- 2011 – 2012 Senior scientists, Department of Functional Materials, IP CA
- 2008 – 2010 Assistant professor, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, DCMP CU
- 2003 - 2007 Ph.D. in condensed matter physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, CU
- 2000 – 2007 Junior researcher & lecturer, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, DCMP CU
- 1998 - 2003 Mgr. (equiv. MSc.) in chemistry (with honours), Faculty of Science, CU
Fellowship and stay abroad
- 2012 Visiting scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2010 Research fellow, Institute for Materials Research, University Hasselt
- 2010 Research fellow, Quantum Beam Center, National Institute for Materials Research, Tsukuba
- 2005 Visiting scientist, Instytut Niskich Temperatur i Badań Strukturalnych, Wroclaw
- 2002 Visiting junior scientist, Toyama Prefectural University
- 2000 – 2016 Frequent 2 – 8 week stays in large facilities (Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, Institute Laue Langevin Grenoble,
ANKA Karlsruhe, High-field laboratory Dresden, ELETTRA Trieste)
- 2003 Heyrovsky Award
- 2004 Odehnal Award by the Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists
- 2007 Annual Award of the B. Bolzano foundation in Physics
- 2008 Award of the Minister of Education, Youth and Sports for extraordinary achievements in condensed matter physics and materials research
- 2010 Scopus/Elsevier Award for results of major significance
- 2014 Otto Wichterle Award for exceptionally outstanding young scientists at the Czech Academy of Sciences
- 2015 Representative of the Czech Academy of Sciences in large medial campaign ‘Personalities’ in occasion of its 125th anniversary
- 2016 ERC Starting grant
- 14 granted projects with total budget ~ 1.400.000 EUR (European Commission (H2020, 7FP), Czech Science Foundation, Grant Agency of the Charles University etc.)
Pacakova, B., Kubickova, S, Salas, G., Mantlikova, A.R., Marciello, M., Morales, M.P., Niznansky, D., Vejpravova, J.*, The internal structure of magnetic nanoparticles determines the magnetic response, Nanoscale (2017), 9, 5129-5140.
Kubickova S., Niznansky D., Morales M.P.H., Salas G., Vejpravova J.*, Structural disorder versus spin canting in monodisperse maghemite nanocrystals, Applied Physics Letters (2014), 104, 22, 223105.
Verhagen T., Vales V., Frank O., Kalbac M., Vejpravova J.*, Temperature-induced strain release via rugae on the nanometer and micrometer scale in graphene monolayer, Carbon (2017), 119, 483 – 491.
Vejpravova J.*, Pacakova B., Kalbac M.*, Magnetic impurities in single-walled carbon nanotubes and graphene: a review, Analyst (2016), 141, 2639-2656.
Vejpravova J.*, Pospisil J.*, Prokleska J., Prokes K., Stunault A., Sechovsky V., Low magnetic field phase diagram of UCoGe, Physical Review B (2010), 82, 18, 180517
Verhagen T., K. Drogowska K., Kalbac M., Vejpravova J.*, Temperature-induced strain and doping in monolayer and bilayer isotopically labeled graphene, Physical Review B (2015), 92,125437.